MTC provided Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) project audit support, in addition to supporting vendor selection efforts prior to implementation project launch.
The Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University (“RMIT”) provides tertiary programs for more than 84,000 students and employs over 5,000 academic and professional staff. It has three main campuses within Victoria and major campuses in both Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi, Vietnam. Teaching and learning programs and research collaboration are provided through a number of partner institutions throughout Asia and Europe.
RMIT selected Workday as the software vendor for its new Finance, Planning and HR solutions. Payroll is provided by ADP for Workday clients outside most of the US.
MTC was initially hired to help on a variety of vendor-selection efforts including:
- Advising RMIT on contract negotiations with Workday
- Helping to develop a set of systems implementation requirements and a standardized statement of work.
- Helping to develop the formal RFP and the standard legal contract (as a business and technical reviewer, not as a legal counsel)
- Helping to evaluate the vendor responses and to short-list the vendors
- Facilitating the vendor ‘orals’ presentations and discussion
- Helping to negotiate the final Statement of Work and the SI contract
Once the project started, MTC were hired by RMIT to provide on-going IV&V Project audit support and to participate as a member of the Executive Steering Committee. RMIT found significant benefits from having us negotiate the SI contracts and staying on to perform the IV&V work. We conducted quarterly audits of the project plan, goals, budget, etc.