Sr. IAM Consultant: Strategist / Architect
The Sr. IAM Consultant Strategist/Architect position requires a skilled and experienced individual with a high business acumen and strong communication skills. The position requires knowledge and experience designing, architecting, and commissioning identity and access management (IAM) solutions in large, complex environments. Experience with, information technology, technology architecture, and IAM in education is strongly desired.
This person will be responsible for participating in and leading IAM assessments and strategic planning initiatives: gathering institutional strategic objectives, IT business drivers, stakeholder requirements, and aligning the IAM architecture and technology with the needs of the institution. Using the MTC IAM Assessment Framework, they will participate in and lead IAM stakeholder requirements workshops, develop current state and future state IAM architecture diagrams, and make recommendations to improve IAM governance, business processes, operations, and technology. In addition, this person works closely with the Principal IAM Architect to enhance and improve client engagement, deliverable templates, assessment methodologies, as well as the MTC IAM framework.
- Project workshops, meetings, and deliverable scheduling;
- Study and assimilate client provided documentation;
- Align project templates (e.g., presentation material and surveys) to client information;
- Participate in and lead business, functional, and technical requirements workshops;
- Document client requirements and formulate findings and recommendations;
- Develop strategic roadmaps for IAM program improvements and recommendations;
- Develop, diagram, and document IAM architecture;
- Lead client’s through IAM platform and vendor evaluations;
- Deliverable composition, editing, and proofreading;
- Present and review deliverables with stakeholders;
- Foster stakeholder engagement and communication;
- Provide feedback on project status, milestones, and risks.
- Assist with enhancement and improvement of the MTC IAM Assessment Framework;
- Assist with enhancement and improvement of the MTC IAM Methodology and Reference Architecture;
- Assist with enhancement and improvement of workshop content;
- Assist with enhancement and improvement of deliverable templates;
- Maintain working knowledge of the IAM vendor landscape, product capabilities, and industry trends;
- Occasional travel;
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technology or business area or equivalent work experience.
- 3 – 5 years of experience architecting, commissioning, and/or administering identity solutions in complex environments;
- 5+ years of experience in information technology or information technology management;
- Excellent intercommunication skills in explaining and translating technology concepts to business minded individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and desire to translate technical, security, and functional requirements into architecture solutions and designs;
- Ability to align business requirements and stakeholder needs to technology solutions;
- Capacity to quickly analyze problems and resolve issues;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize several projects;
- Knowledge and experience with information security best practices;
- Knowledge and experience with IAM infrastructure;
- Working knowledge or experience with ERP systems and integration;
- Working knowledge or experience with relational database concepts;
- Working knowledge or experience with access management and workflow/approval concepts;
- Working knowledge or experience with a variety of directory platforms and authentication services such as Active Directory, LDAP, Kerberos, etc.;
- Working knowledge or experience with authentication, authorization, and SSO concepts;
- Excellent technical writing skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working in higher education information technology;
- Experience working in healthcare information technology;
- Experience working in K-12 information technology;
- Working knowledge or experience with Customer/Client IAM, self-service account activation, and account management concepts;
- Familiarity with Internet2 InCommon Trusted Access Platform (TAP) Reference Architecture and solutions: COmanage, midpoint, Grouper, and Shibboleth;
- Working knowledge or experience with multiple identity management/identity governance and administration solutions/platforms;
- Expertise in security architecture, vulnerability management, program management, operational activities, and technical toolsets;
- Understanding of fundamental cloud computing concepts;
- Experience with Information Assurance concepts and processes;
- Experience working in large, distributed, multi-institutional information technology environments.
- Knowledge of and experience with security regulations, standards, and processes;
- Willingness to train others and lead engagement teams;
- Working knowledge of security governance, compliance frameworks, and technical hardening standards (e.g., PCI, HIPAA, CIS, NIST, CMMC 2.0, REFEDS, etc.).