Interim IT Leadership
Every Interim IT Leadership project is unique to each institution. Some clients are only looking to keep everything running with no major changes until the permanent replacement arrives. Other schools want us to begin a major transformation of the IT Organization and the Services that it provides to the institution. Most clients want some variation of these approaches. We work with each client to provide a customized set of services to be delivered by our interim IT leader.
Interim IT Leadership
Our firm has highly experienced IT Executives who can serve in a variety of interim management roles such as CIO, CISO, ISO, and IT Directors, with skills such as:
- 24 x 7 Management Support
- Strong people management skills (union and non-union)
- Staff Assessment and IT Organization Transformation
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Permanent replacement search support
- IT Governance support
- IT Process Improvement support
- IT Support Strategy (including Help Desk)
- Support Management of all vendors
- Campus community relationship support (faculty, students, staff)
- Technology Selection Support
- Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery Planning Support
- Strategic Planning Support
- Staff Development Support
- Cabinet Participation
- Conflict Resolution
- Budget Management
Our Approach to Interim IT Leadership
Moran Technology Consulting understands the competitive and educational challenges inherent in this environment and is highly focused on helping higher education institutions backfill IT leadership positions to ensure that the schools can use technology as a strategic asset for transforming pedagogy, day-to-day business operations, and campus services. Members of our consulting team have been working with Higher Education clients for over 40 years.
Interim Higher Education IT Leaders need to have many experiences:
- Strong Higher Education CIO and technical management experiences
- Strong Security Background (particularly for Interim CISO/ISO roles)
- Strong customer service and help desk focus
- Experience with Higher Education ERP software and vendors
- Ability to develop broad based support with students, faculty and staff
- Understanding of adult learning environments
- Ability to manage technical staff and focus them on critical institution needs
Our executive consultants have provided interim IT management services for many institutions and possess the technical, human, process and management skills necessary to address difficult management issues associated with challenging IT environments. They understand how to get things done quickly within educational institutions.
Behind the scenes, we support our interim IT managers with experts in a wide variety of higher education processes and technologies to more rapidly improve the performance of the institution’s IT organization. From governance to planning to infrastructure to student portal development to business process re-design, we deliver the technical expertise to needed to execute quickly on high priority projects.
Moran Technology Consulting works to help institutions determine the best IT support solution for their community. We can provide interim or long-term staffing support and skills transfer. We can assess your current support environment for strengths and opportunities and develop long term strategies.