ERP Replacement Support Toolkit for HESS and The Coalition Members
You already know that ERP investments are among the largest, most complex investments your institution will make. Staff at HESS member institutions are typically fully engaged in day-to-day operations, leaving little time to strategically approach the digital transformation a successful ERP project can bring. As a value add to members, HESS and The Coalition have partnered with Moran Technology Consulting (MTC) to provide the services of trusted and experienced advisors, to work alongside your team (as much or as little as you need) to support your transformation’s success. MTC is known for successfully supporting over 300+ schools.
Due to the complexity of ERP transformation projects, and the need to closely align business and change management processes with the technology, MTC suggests that the best place to explore partnership opportunities is through an initial conversation. Experienced consultants are available for a free, no commitment required, conversation to help you think through your strategy, approach, or just to share our learnings from having worked with many other schools.
The official HESS & Coalition ERP Replacement Support Toolkit Catalog, developed by MTC, includes several of our most-requested service offerings, at special HESS member only pricing. As experts in the ERP transformation space, we have designed the Toolkit to help you understand the possibility of solutions we can provide to support your ERP project. If you engage MTC, or access other resources, we have learned that following each of these steps can result in a successful ERP transformation.
To explore how MTC can help you think through your strategy and approach; develop a custom support solution; or just to share our learnings from having worked with many other schools, please get in touch with us at HESS@morantechnology.com or (877) 337-7110.
Our toolkit consists of a number of tools that address specific challenges that some schools may face. The following overview shows these tools and where they may fit into your ERP Transformation Plan.
Pre-Implementation ERP Support Tools
We work with institutions in both assessing whether to transition ERP platforms and throughout the process of reviewing and selecting an ERP platform(s).
Determining ERP Replacement Strategy
- Assess Current and Future ERP Needs
- ERP Vendor Marketplace Analysis
- Develop Roadmap and Strategy for Future ERP
Direct Product Selection
- Requirements Validation and Systems Planning
- Implementation Project Roles and Responsibilities Planning
Any ERP Replacement Approach
- Readiness Assessment
- Organizational Change Management
- ERP Business Case Development
- Business Process Transformation / Re-design
- Business Intelligence (BI) & Analytics Assessment
- Data Conversion
- Data Quality Planning
- Reporting and Integration Readiness
- Implementation Project Staffing Planning
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) Strategic Plan
Preparing for an RFP
- Current State Assessment and ERP Requirements Development
- Provide "Day in the Life" Envisioning Sessions Assistance
- Develop ERP Implementation Strategy and Timeline
- Development of ERP Software and Implementation Vendor Selection RFP and SOW
- ERP Vendor Evaluation
- Contract Negotiation
ERP Implementation Support Tools
We offer several areas of support for institutions going through an implementation project:
- Client-Side Project Management
- Risk Management / Project Health Checks
- Risk Management / IV&V / Project Quality Assurance Support
- Data Conversion Advisory Services
- Virtual IAM Team Implementation Services
Post-Implementation ERP Support
We have found several areas where institutions benefit from post-implementation planning and support, including:
- Post Go-Live Ongoing Support Model Planning
- Post-Implementation Organizational Change Management Review
- Post-Implementation Governance Planning